I find so much comfort in chocolate. When I find I am in a bad mood, chocolate seems to hit the spot and perk me up. I think I am a chocolaholic –as I am unable to make it through a day with out a little piece. (say, a handful of m&m’s) I once tried to give up chocolate for lent, and it was an epic fail. (I lasted about two days). Any-who, I love all forms of chocolate: candy, ice cream, mousse –but in particular, there is nothing as satisfying as a delicious piece of chocolate cake.
This recipe is quite easy, and the results taste like a bakery quality cake; it requires chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, and chocolate chips. It is chock full of chocolate! The buttermilk makes this cake extra tasty and prevents it from drying out (you can substitute sour cream in a pinch, but I highly recommend buttermilk). And yes, this recipe is absolutely fantastic, as it has been tested (and eaten) many, many , many times. My kiddos request this for their birthday cake over store bought cakes! Enjoy!
1 package of chocolate cake mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix1 cup buttermilk
2 sticks melted butter
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake and pudding mixes, buttermilk, butter, beaten eggs, and water.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into well greases 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool cake for an hour on wire rack, then invert pan inverting onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fruit and whipped cream if desired.