Looking for an easy and delicious dinner idea? Look no further. This recipe comes by way of chance as my mother-in-law stopped over with a loaf of focaccia bread from a local bakery on her visit. This bread smelled delicious but I had just completed my weekly food shopping excursion for the family so I had more than enough bread for the next few days. And so I wracked my brain and decided to make a dinner with this fragrant bread. Focaccia pizza–it is what’s for dinner and let me tell you, this is going to be a permanent staple my weekday dinner rotation.
- 1 loaf of focaccia bread
- 1 8oz block of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- toppings, of your choosing, I used red onion and spinach
- Preheat oven to low broil setting.
- Slice the bread loaf horizontally (through the middle) so you have two even squares.
- Broil in oven on a rimmed and aluminum lined baking sheet for 2 minutes, or until bread is no longer soft.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Return pizza to oven and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Super fast, super easy dinner and a delicious dinner as well–a win/win. I make a homemade tomato sauce for the pizza (I make a large batch and serve it with various dinners for the week). Click here for the tomato sauce recipe I used.
My kids picked their toppings, choosing red onion and spinach, but you can add whatever toppings you desire. My kids, husband and I loved this pizza!
Serve with a salad. There won’t be any leftovers (I guarantee it)!